Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT

If you are having problem connecting to the IPTV server make sure that you are using the correct portal URL. To confirm to which portal your donation was assigned please use the donation checker form:

https://iptvzeta.com/forum/main-foru...number-checker

If you are using the right portal but still having problem then try doing an IPTV reset, generate a new donation or changing the IPTV portal.

Make sure that you are using the correct portal URL format:

http://pX.iptvprivateserver.tv/

or

http://pX.iptvprivateserver.tv/c/index.html

REPLACE THE X FOR PORTAL NUMBER.
See more
See less

switch from IKS to IPTV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switch from IKS to IPTV

seeing how Iks is down with no fix in site (no updates) I am considering IPTV but not sure what connection speed is required. I am currently using data from my cell phone tethered to a router because I live in rural area so I will have to get one of those rural antena type internet systems but before I lock in to another contract I need to know what connection speed is required to connect to IPTV without freezing?

The channel requires about 2MBPS or a little more. I had a 3MBPS internet that actually worked, but it had lots of problems. I know of one user with 25MBPS and he has no trouble watching 3 units at the same time. Just an educated guess would be that a 5MBPS internet would work, but you will run your gigabytes to the max on a cell phone. Bad idea except to try for a short time. If you purchase a service, I would go for 25MBPS as a minimum.

JMHO

Comment

1 (1080)HD Stream requires, to be safe, 6Mb. Many channels are moving up to 720 - 1080.
      Many ISP Packages advertise the Max.avail. bandwidth, but what you need to go by is the minimum (guaranteed) bandwidth.
      Primetime is when you, and all your neighbors use the internet, so to accommodate the local available channel, ISP's will slow down your BW (Throttling).

A 25Mb pkg. may throttle down to 6Mb, so if you have 2 units, you are going to experience freezing and buffering problems.

So inquire about the minimum, and use 6Mb per unit as a budget. *and opt for unlimited usage (no cap)
      /kens

Comment

thanks. I know that there is no way that I can run for long on my 10gb cell phone plan and the best I can do where i live is 25mbps so with only one conection I should be good. Now only concern is the posts that I have read complain about channels dropping everyday and there is no response to the drastic drop in service. Is it just a few odd balls or is it really like that?

Comment

• Dodgeit
          Dodgeit commented
          Editing a comment
          25mbps is plenty,As for channels dropping,The ones that do are from another source and when they go down they normally come back up when new links are found.This is with any iptv service.

Originally posted by simenad View Post
        thanks. I know that there is no way that I can run for long on my 10gb cell phone plan and the best I can do where i live is 25mbps so with only one conection I should be good. Now only concern is the posts that I have read complain about channels dropping everyday and there is no response to the drastic drop in service. Is it just a few odd balls or is it really like that?
        no unfortunately it is really like that. The pic quality also as far as pixleating quit frequent on any quick motion really is frustrating.

Comment

• Dodgeit
          Dodgeit commented
          Editing a comment
          This problem your complaining about goes away with a better box.Buzz box don't have that problem and neither does the T1.The picture is just as good as iks if not better.

thanks just saved me from a $100/month commitment just to watch tv, back to youtube self help videos

Comment

seeing that it looks like some iptv boxes are having issues what is a decent box with pvr?

Comment

Working...
          X