Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT

If you are having problem connecting to the IPTV server make sure that you are using the correct portal URL. To confirm to which portal your donation was assigned please use the donation checker form:

https://iptvzeta.com/forum/main-foru...number-checker

If you are using the right portal but still having problem then try doing an IPTV reset, generate a new donation or changing the IPTV portal.

Make sure that you are using the correct portal URL format:

http://pX.iptvprivateserver.tv/

or

http://pX.iptvprivateserver.tv/c/index.html

REPLACE THE X FOR PORTAL NUMBER.
See more
See less

My donation works in the US, but not where I live

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>> I understand some VPN's can be installed directly on routers and then activated only for certain MAC addresses so that it would be active only for a MAG254 and all other traffic is not through the VPN. Is that true?
    I remember reading about that feature while going through my modems manual. It can be done.

My last message came up unapproved because I mentioned a VPN service. Here it is again without the full address - Unlocator. They give a 7 day trial without taking your credit card number. It would be interesting if that cures your problem.

Comment

• Dodgeit
      Dodgeit commented
      Editing a comment
      So your all good here i can delete the other one i guess?

Originally posted by keyman69 View Post
    FrogCamera, I am able to turn off RTSP in the USER accessible area of my cable modem/router settings. I just did that and tested the service on my tablet. I get the same problem. Just the top 10 to 20% of an image every few seconds. Channel 204 RT US plays just fine as do 202 and 203. Channels 200 CNN, 201, 205 etc do not, they just shows a partial picture every few seconds, just like before when RTSP was on.
    So you are saying you can get 200 and other American channels but it only shows a partial picture every few seconds?

https://papiao.tv/main/search_nfps

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgeit View Post
      So you are saying you can get 200 and other American channels but it only shows a partial picture every few seconds?
      The partial frame shows up when I am set up to use STB EMU on an Android tablet for CNN and some other American channels. When I use the MAG254, I see nothing but a blank screen for CNN and those other American channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FrogCamera View Post
        >> I understand some VPN's can be installed directly on routers and then activated only for certain MAC addresses so that it would be active only for a MAG254 and all other traffic is not through the VPN. Is that true?
        I remember reading about that feature while going through my modems manual. It can be done.

My last message came up unapproved because I mentioned a VPN service. Here it is again without the full address - Unlocator. They give a 7 day trial without taking your credit card number. It would be interesting if that cures your problem.
        • Sorry, we do not allow new signups from your IP anymore. Please see this article for more info. When I go to get more info:
        Our DNS servers have to use each users IP address for identification. If more than one user has the same IP then problems might arise. As a result we can only allow one user account pr. IP.

But why is my IP already taken you say. Well in some instances you are connected to the Internet from the same IP as other users. Perhaps you are connecting from an Internet connection provided by a building/apartment complex, dorm, work etc. Another possibility is that your Internet provider is rotating IPs between users and the previous user who had your IP already created an account.
        -----------
        The above is a problem I cannot overcome with respect to Unlocator and using their service with my secondary CISCO router. Not sure if I could potentially use the Linux version and Stalker/KODI for the experiment. They don't seem to have an Android version, which would be the easiest to try.

Comment

Thats interesting - they may be rotating the island IP addresses from time to time. It's possible that whoever had the IP before also has NFPS! That would add a complication. How about trying the VPN again after they switch you to a US IP address?

Comment

I recall a few posts with users on a island having the same issues.But it would be nice to find a way around it.Or you may just have to switch isp's.But like you said you need to find some with the other provider and try or ask questions so you don't end up with the same problem.
            https://papiao.tv/main/search_nfps

Comment

I just tested STB EMU on Android with a VPN called Turbo VPN . I tried Canada, UK, SIngapore and the US. When I use that VPN I have the same problem as without the VPN with live channels. Also I cannot view the Video Club at all when using the VPN, so it is actually worse since I can use the VideoClub without the VPN. Very strange.

Comment

Did you connect to the NFPS reset webpage and do a reset using the VPN's IP address? I believe your IP is one of the ways they ID you for IPTV access.

I read somewhere that some ISP's give you a new IP after your modem has been powered down for a few hours. That could be one reason that other island MAG users are also having a problem. The ISP may rotate IP's in the middle of the night and all the MAGs stop connecting.

Comment

Originally posted by FrogCamera View Post
                  Did you connect to the NFPS reset webpage and do a reset using the VPN's IP address? I believe your IP is one of the ways they ID you for IPTV access.

I read somewhere that some ISP's give you a new IP after your modem has been powered down for a few hours. That could be one reason that other island MAG users are also having a problem. The ISP may rotate IP's in the middle of the night and all the MAGs stop connecting.
                  I had not been doing an IPTV RESET from the tablet. I just tried that reset from the tablet and see no difference with STB EMU. However, see my next post.... It is a major clue as to what is causing the problem.

Comment

This points a finger at what is wrong.

I just did an experiment at lunch. I was at a restaurant that has WiFi through a different ISP that I will call CL. This location has an IP address on my island and just under 2 Mbits/s of download speed, so not fast and not in the US. I tested STB EMU on an Android tablet and live TV streamed without a problem!! Now I know for certain that something to do with my cable modem and/or ISP is the problem. I cannot switch to CL DSL because I am too far from a central station. So I am waiting for the fiber optic service to be available, who knows when, from CL and that might fix my issue.

I am also going to see if my current ISP will look into it now that I know for certain it is them. Their technician told me this week that they did something a couple of months ago and many people with IPTV boxes got screwed. The timing was just coincidental with NFPS' latest try to make things work better.

It does not appear that a VPN is the way around this problem because I have tried that using STB EMU and a VPN on my tablet and it did not help.

Now I know for certain that the problem lies somewhere in the connection to my current ISP. How that can be fixed, is not known at the moment.

Comment

It looks like your options are limited. Not sure if the VPN you tried has an encryption feature available. That would leave your ISP in the dark as to what you are doing with your internet. I use Pure VPN for an encrypted connection.

Possibly you could do the full reset on your modem, just before the tech arrives, to see if your modem/router is the problem. It shouldn't cause a problem but if it does the tech would be able to sort it out.

Having one company selling internet access and TV has become a major conflict of interest as they don't want us to have any other source of TV programming. Here in Canada there is a federal court restraining order stopping 3 or 4 MAG sellers, in Ontario, from selling software pre-loaded MAG254's. The order was sought by 3 cable companies. The case has yet to go to trial.

My guess is that if the Canadian cable companies are successful they may try to get an exemption to our net neutrality rules to try and block IPTV. Hopefully they fail.

If your island doesn't have any net neutrality rules your ISP may be testing a system that they would like to use in the continental USA.

Comment

Ipvanish is one a few friends use. You said you tried a vpn and it didnt work. They are not in your location so Im not sure if this one will work. This is a vpn that is installed directly on your device. You do have to pay and i think it can be installed on 2 devices. I have never used it but was just throwing it out there.

Comment

My ISP's tech insists they are not trying to block anything, but he may not be aware of something being done that is aimed at blocking streaming video. There is another forum member living on a different island having exactly the same problem as me. Only the channels needing a donation are blocked for him as well. His ISP and mine caused the problem at about the same times. As they say, In life there are no coincidences. Maybe there is a plan that is being tested on us.

The odd thing is that no other streaming video is blocked. Only the channels that need a donation number are blocked. Not the open TV channels and not the Video on Demand.
                          I have found no blockages using KODI to stream video (except for NFPS/STALKER on KODI which has the same issues). I tried a lesser service than NFPS and it worked without issue, it just did not have the channels I want.

I will investigate VPN's that totally block the data being transferring through encryption and consult with my ISP to see if they can stop the blocking. I would need to get a secondary router to try such a VPN with a MAG box.

Is there such a VPN that totally encrypts the data that can be installed on an Android Tablet? That way would be the simplest for me to test.

I just tried , on Android, TurboVPN, USAVpn and Hola Free VPN. None of these helped get the live channels needing donation numbers. Something very interesting is at work here.

Comment

The free channels must not have the exact same stream format as the donation channels. NFPS must require further information before sending the donation channel and possibly your ISP is watching for this particular information and then disrupts the stream. As you were able to test another service and it worked, the block appears targeted to NFPS.

I looked at my VPN's webpage and they do have an app for Android (above 4.0) that has 256 bit encryption. Google purevpn free trial and you will find that they offer a 3 day trial for $2.50. I like the simplicity of the windows app - no manual changing of IP/DNS addresses and the VPN can be turned on and off with the app.

Comment

Just a question because I try anything possible to get it up and running again.
                              Can this have anything to do with closed ports ?

Comment

Working...
                              X